SIMPLY READ, INDULGE AND HEARD WITH WORDS

Monday, September 08, 2008

De one with Before Mobilisation Starts

On medical leave

Early morning Ah-ma was annoying me with her wake-up call. As much as I appreciated her for this, it's a paradox because it can really get abit unpleasant. *teeth grinning*. Who wants to be bugged at get up in the cosy morning.

I never turn up for work today. Supposedly commencing audit at United Malayan Pineapple. But turned out visiting the doctor, Mrs Vida Chou for my headache and cough. Came home, took medicine and watched a home video until the medication took effect and caused me asleep.

Met Mohan at Beach Road army market in the evening. Had to have our uniforms "decorated" with all those new required badges. Uncessary alot might say. Like we had a choice coz tomorrow's start of our standby period.

Despite my planning, this cabby was driving dreadfully slow (FYI: 30-70 Mph) faint.. I was in the rush and feeling aweful because I knew Mohan wouldn't like it if I'm late. What else I could do, he was an old man, who seemed to be exhausted from a day's driving. Could tell from his slow breathing and some "falling asleep" position as he try hard to keep awake. That left me weary for my safety, replacing my prior anxiety of being late.

To compliment, the auntie at army market was fast, "gao dim" ("settle everything" in Cantonese) sewing the badges and new name tags within less than 30 minutes. Amazing. After that both en route home.

On our train journey, I didn't talk much to Mohan. Partially because he looked so stern. When I asked he replied he was stressed. Partially I supposed I was boring! Else, he's pissed with me for being late ba.. I wish very much to communicate everytime I'm with someone. Just sometimes, I don't get response from the other party and I just back up and keep quiet instead. Mohan is someone who doesn't like to be bothered when he's tired.

Got off at Bishan, grabbed dinner at Pasta Mania. Chose my standard "Chicken Sausage, fusilli pasta". Just before I headed back by bus (saving $ alright), browsed and got some bread from Delifrance. Lovely.

Spent 2 hours just to pack 4 packets of the new standard field pack items for my standby. Tried to recall and did 2.5 years ago. Getting forgetful. Sigh.. Thank goodness, it's over for now.

It's meeting new client and completion of Corp. accounting project for tomorrow. Wonder if there's anything else to look forward to.. Oh yah, pray hard we wouldn't be mobilised!

No comments: