SIMPLY READ, INDULGE AND HEARD WITH WORDS

Sunday, July 11, 2010

De one with Wishing for Age

Wish upon a star

Is it a lame or brave thing to be voicing out what you have always hoped for for your birthday?

Well, in office, your colleagues might have joked about it before. Sighing as they leave their remarks like "You know, why not tell us what you want for your birthday to make our present hunting (life) easier?". Greedy people or a less-offensive term would be "honest" people would feel obliged to tell. For all you know, they testify with their "consideration of not having" to waste people's money buying something that is the opposite of what they want. By at large, we choose not neither to sound-off or kiss and tell. While about 3% seriously meant it when they say: "No, I don't really need presents" and a scarce 2% would say "I've everything I need", probably 95% responses to such discretion on what we want on our birthdays might converge into the need for "surprise".

I was thinking since we are in the 21st century, why not be more vocal and spit out this tiny-greed for a perfect birthday gift. Come on, let you have the honor..

Without much thought, a popular guy might just reveal he's happy to have company. Well, this is pretty common during the celebrated 18th and 21st birthdays when peers and family organises big parties with all sorts of funny numberically shaped cakes, the youths will throw in cartons of booze and all night-long of excited screaming, hell lot of laughter and silly pranks.

A girl might be dreaming for a childhood dream come true. Imagine a cartoon stripe with this little girl, clasping both her hands tightly, eyes shut with cloud-bubbles appearing above her head. The stripe zooms into these cloud-bubbles which magically reveal a dreamy scene of either something from Tiffany, a handsome guy proposing, a tiara and god knows what.

A pauper yearning for survival as much as how the girl who sold matchsticks. They yearn for love, warmth, relationship, football, ambition-achievement and most crucially, a way to make quick cash and other means of freeing out of their existing miserable life.

Without the benefit of doubt, out of 10 persons, 8 might wish for tangible things. Which relates similar to what I might have in mind for perfect gift on my forthcoming quarter-century birthday.

No scums, no special someone, no colognes, no man's jewellery, no leather bags, no Ang-baos. I've always wanted a belt from Dolce and Gabbana's until last month when I finally picked up the courage and stride into the store at Taipei 101 alone. What else... (*finger to chin*)

I just really wish a large black sketchbook with photos, crappy writings, drawings of different stuff, things I love, things that people hate, love about me. Honest things about who I am through others' perspective. I don't know... maybe in the style of year book cause I realised I've been doing so much drawings, decorated stuff for others and never been given one before. Haha.

What other things people never really gotten for me? I don't know, a pair of drawn shoes? Shoes? Dolce belt (it's still on the "A" list)? A gorgeous photo of myself nicely framed? Oh well... birthday gifts are a killer to most. Especially for someone who's individualistic and attains everything he needs, wants and wishes for (eventually).

Oops, looks like I might have to change the opening tag. It looks like a galaxy had been wished upon!

No comments: