SIMPLY READ, INDULGE AND HEARD WITH WORDS

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

De one with Eau de Toilettes

Hot, hot, hot!

My very first encounter with Cologne or Eau de Toilettes, was after I've smell the nice smell coming from my primary 5 form teacher, Mr Chew. He will come into class, smelling the same as normal deodorant.

I don't really recall when I actually had my very first cologne. However luckily, I do remember the very first brand of cologne I got and where I got it from. My parents bought it for me at the duty free shop, on one of the trips back from Australia (our frequent vocation destination). Tommy Hilfiger's Tommy. My very first cologne. It has a very estatic peircing musky smell. It was the best and closest to the odour as the one in my first impression of colognes. Although it made me sneeze initially, I put on where ever I go. Thankfully, I got used to it.

After this, I start to develop a liking for colognes. Started to buy more on future overseas vocation. I started to find out more about which kinda cologne I like through Kris-shop magazine (the first thing I read onboard the plane everytime). The next one I set my eyes on was the newly-introduced Hugo Boss' Dark Blue cologne. I like the concentrated sandalwood smell. Very man lor! I remembered I sprayed it on everytime I went. On one very unfortunate event. My younger brother, Jimson, was vomitting on the plane. He's clothing was stenched and smelly. My mummy was finding a solution. So I suggested using my Hugo cologne. Wah-la! It worked perfectly well!

My next target was Polo Ralph's Polo Sport. I still remember the advertisement on magazine. Showing a black basketballer. Erm.. well, it's not him that made me buy Polo Sport. Rather, it's the genuine soothing mild smell it has. Recently, I have got another product by Polo : Romance Silver. It always creates an impression of True romance in a classy atmosphere.

Since I keep applying Hugo and Tommy so commonly. I started to crave for one unique brand for special occassion. That was when I purchase Armani for he. Hehe.. It is a refreshing yet still retaining the essense of a musky smell. It's long-lasting. I love it alot. Till today I still apply it whenever I wear formal clothings to attend important functions or performance. Recently, I got Armani's Black code (oops. Haven't open yet).

The most memorable cologne I've used for entirely 2 years (which was the longest period which I've ever stick to a cologne) was Hugo Boss in Motion. I must admit, in Jc I was growing to become sporty, Motion really appeal alot to me. The packaging of Motion captured me alot. Advertisement of models running. It bears alot of something I wanted and was recognised to. Plus it has my favourite fruit: Orange smell. My daddy bought alot of bottles of it. I figured I used up around 6 bottles of it. Putting it on everytime I went to Jc. Omg. It even represented me. My bandmate and close friend, Shuqing, used to say everytime before I was nearby. The smell of my cologne gave my pressence away!

I love Hugo Boss during early 2000. As I think Hugo's strong and thus, very lasting. It was worth buying. Till date, I have got 6 different products. Namely Boss dark Blue, Boss in Motion (normal, silver-blue and Christmas edition), Soul (same taste as Chin Yu) and Energise (my closest substitude to CK Crave).

Next is CK products. I've always though CK's were very expensive. It wasn't until I got my very first attraction to CK Eternity. It was the best substitude to Armani he. Apparantly, hearsay that it's the best product ever by CK for Men. Well, my opinion differs. I prefer CK Crave. It's sporty appeal attracted me. Plus, it's stylish translucent packaging made me like it even better. It produces a very awakening fresh, sporty smell. Unfortunately, it's no longer in production. Sigh. Not to worry. I have Contradiction, Be (which my 2nd ex influenced me to get it) and recently, CK One and Eternity Summer edition. Both of the summer edition made me discover my liking for fruity-smelling cologne. Otherwise, I guess it's due to Sweet too.

I love mild smelling colognes nowadays. Despite possible disadvantage that such colognes ain't last long time period. That's when I favour Kenzo Air and L'eau Par. Kenzo Air gives me a very boyish appeal and it makes me very energise at all time. On the other hand, L'eau Par bears a fruitty smell. Lemon. Simply lovely.

Talking about fruitty smell. No other cologne can match DKNY's Be Delicious. It has an apple smell. Hmm... always creating a very strong "healthy in style" kinda impression.

Haha..sorry but i'm not going to carry on introducing all types of colognes. If not the cows would have come home. What am i talking?!? I have a collection of 26 different colognes. Other than those I've mention above. My collection includes Tommy True Star, Burberry's Touch & Weekend, FCUK him and Higer Energy by Dior (bought by my cousin all the way from the US during her attachment).

Omg. Look forward to buying more but well.. Jason's financial department depleting of resources. Hehe..

1 comment:

BenL said...

thats a lot of eau de toilettes haha

i only have a sparse few

never sprayed much but im getting one soon from the Kenzo collection

weeeeee............